The EPICT Licence is a proven staff development programme in the practical integration of ICT within everyday teaching. EPICT is delivered in-house by certified staff members or by external support agencies and is both flexible and modular to suit all education staff members.
- Modular design with flexible study options
- Training delivered through quality-assured EPICT Centres and supported by Certified EPICT Facilitators
- Participants work in small teams, usually within the same school, increasing motivation and improving team practice
- Teachers attain recognised certification confirming their skills and achievements
- Blended learning approach. Participants experience mix of study options from on-line support, face to face sessions and peer to peer interaction.
- Virtual learning environment supported by experience tutors where staff are introduced to the latest technologies
- Forums and contact lists enable the exchange of ideas and best practice with fellow practitioners
The syllabus, activities and assignments are directly related to the work taking place in the teachers' own classrooms and therefore relevant to and impact upon whole school ICT development.
What the Educators Say:
'EPICT is a practical way for teachers to gain the skills and confidence to incorporate 21st century skills into their curriculum to provide more engaging learning opportunities for their students'
Nicole Blyth: Head of Technology Integration Penrhos College